REPORT: Romeo Crennel Officially Texans Defensive Coordinator
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS HOUSTON) - The Houston Texans are starting to fill the holes in their coaching staff. In news that was expected to come soon, Romeo Crennel will be the new defensive coordinator for the Houston Texans under Bill O’Brien.
Crennel met with O’ Brien a short time ago, but asked to finish his commitment as coach of the West in the East vs West Shrine College All-Star game. That game took place on Saturday, and now Crennel is free to join Houston.
SportsRadio 610 and Houston Chronicle’s John McClain expects the official announcement Monday.
Crennel was the defensive coordinator in New England for the Patriots before becoming the head coach of the Cleveland Browns and then the Kansas City Chiefs. O’Brien and Crennel both have strong ties to Bill Belichick in New England but had not actually met until their meeting to discuss the DC job.
The Houston Texans have not announced any coaching hires other than O’Brien. Mike Vrabel announced on his own twitter that he’d be joining the Texans as a linebackers coach. Mike Munchick has also been tied to Houston as the new offensive line coach.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Report: CSN Houston Could Lose Majority of Current Employees
- Adrian Peterson’s All Day Foundation Takes Down It’s Website
- Vikings Health Partner Looking Into Sponsorship
- CBS Sports Steve Tasker Weighs In On Falcons Vs Buccaneers on Thursday Night Football
- Arian Foster Takes To Twitter To Comment On Anheuser-Busch & Domestic Violence