Cushing Kin Drafted By NWSL’s Houston Dash
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – The National Women’s Soccer Leauge’s newest team, the Houston Dash, partook in their first college draft on Friday. They took University of North Carolina’s Kealia Ohai second in the draft.
Ohai should feel fairly comfortable in Houston. Her brother-in-law is Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing. Cushing is married to Kealia’s sister, Meagan.
Ohai, a forward, became the first ever College draft choice of the newly formed team. Run by the Dynamo the Dash will play at BBVA Compass stadium for their inaugural season.
The pick was one that Dash were excited about, and so were a few other Texans players not related to Ohai.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Bill O’Brien And The Numbers Agree: Texans Offense Needs More Big Plays
- “Jerry Jones” joins the triple Threat to talk Cowboys/Texans
- Cowboys Running Game Success: More DeMarco Murray Than Offensive Line
- O’Brien Won’t Be Saving Foster Sunday vs. Cowboys For Thursday vs. Colts
- Watt, Foster, Cushing, And Johnson Held Out Of Wednesday Practice