Cushing Kin Drafted By NWSL’s Houston Dash
Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – The National Women’s Soccer Leauge’s newest team, the Houston Dash, partook in their first college draft on Friday. They took University of North Carolina’s Kealia Ohai second in the draft.
Ohai should feel fairly comfortable in Houston. Her brother-in-law is Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing. Cushing is married to Kealia’s sister, Meagan.
Ohai, a forward, became the first ever College draft choice of the newly formed team. Run by the Dynamo the Dash will play at BBVA Compass stadium for their inaugural season.
The pick was one that Dash were excited about, and so were a few other Texans players not related to Ohai.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Rockets Fall To Raptors 99-96
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine
- Reports: Rick Barnes Offered Tennessee Job