Racist Charlie Strong Shirt Made To “Welcome” Head Coach To Texas
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
A shirt depicting the face of new University of Texas head coach Charlie Strong with the words “BLACK IS THE NEW BROWN” was spotted on the popular Do It Yourself website Etsy.com over the weekend.
The shirt, which reportedly was being sold for $19.95, has been taken down from the site, but Yardbarker reported the description of the shirt to say:
“After 16 years as head coach of the Longhorns, Mack Brown is stepping down to make way for Charlie Strong as the new head coach. Celebrate Charlie Strong’s arrival in style.”
No comment has come out from either Charlie Strong’s camp or the University itself. Charlie Strong is making the transition from head coach of the Louisville Cardinals to the Longhorns after Mack Brown stepped down from the role in December.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Klatt: Jameis Winston’s Behavior Has Done Damage To His Draft Stock
- Poppinga: Fitzpatrick Needs To Keep The Short Passing Game Going
- Fitzpatrick: Texans Don’t Know Of Any Set Discipline For Player Arrests, Indictments
- Vikings Ownership: “We Made A Mistake”
- Meltsdown: The Hypocrisy Of The Media Towards Floyd Mayweather