Racist Charlie Strong Shirt Made To “Welcome” Head Coach To Texas
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
A shirt depicting the face of new University of Texas head coach Charlie Strong with the words “BLACK IS THE NEW BROWN” was spotted on the popular Do It Yourself website Etsy.com over the weekend.
The shirt, which reportedly was being sold for $19.95, has been taken down from the site, but Yardbarker reported the description of the shirt to say:
“After 16 years as head coach of the Longhorns, Mack Brown is stepping down to make way for Charlie Strong as the new head coach. Celebrate Charlie Strong’s arrival in style.”
No comment has come out from either Charlie Strong’s camp or the University itself. Charlie Strong is making the transition from head coach of the Louisville Cardinals to the Longhorns after Mack Brown stepped down from the role in December.
Latest Sports Stories:
- 5 Must Watch College Football Games This Weekend
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?