Racist Charlie Strong Shirt Made To “Welcome” Head Coach To Texas
A shirt depicting the face of new University of Texas head coach Charlie Strong with the words “BLACK IS THE NEW BROWN” was spotted on the popular Do It Yourself website Etsy.com over the weekend.
The shirt, which reportedly was being sold for $19.95, has been taken down from the site, but Yardbarker reported the description of the shirt to say:
“After 16 years as head coach of the Longhorns, Mack Brown is stepping down to make way for Charlie Strong as the new head coach. Celebrate Charlie Strong’s arrival in style.”
No comment has come out from either Charlie Strong’s camp or the University itself. Charlie Strong is making the transition from head coach of the Louisville Cardinals to the Longhorns after Mack Brown stepped down from the role in December.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Rockets Fall To Raptors 99-96
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine
- Reports: Rick Barnes Offered Tennessee Job