A Letter From A Fan: “To Keenum Bashers”
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
[Editor's Note: We received this note via e-mail from Sam. We have not edited the letter in any way except to take out Sam's last name. Let us and Sam know what you think.]
To Keenum Bashers
FIRST: It’s okay to be vehement about a subject, but you’d better be right. And, at this juncture, there’s no way the diatriber could be right about Case Keenum’s QB qualities. (Disclaimer: The writer bleeds Cougar red. But, us Coogs watched as Keenum demanded and got a fine season from mediocre athletes.)
Six facts the diatriber ignored, especially about the last game:
1) Keenum is an undrafted rookie who had very few practice hours with the big guys, since the QB of the foreseeable future, including the playoffs and Super Bowl was Matt Schaub.
2) Eight penalties were bad, but the other six were simply idiotic.
3) The league’s premiere rusher (Foster) was out, and a fine runner-receiver (Tate) was working with bad ribs.
4) Keenum’s go-to guy, one of the league’s best receivers (Johnson), had two excellent passes hit him in the hands, and neither stuck.
5) The Texans’ front line was mediocre to start the season, and got worse.
6) Peyton Manning, Drew Breeson, Tony Romo, Troy Aikman had numerous bad starts as fledgling QB’s. Final observation, if not fact: None of the above mentioned QB’s would have fared any better than Case Keenum in that last game.
Of course, us Cougar-bleeders are hoping Case Keenum steps up this next season and proves his nay-sayers wrong. Go Coogs, kick ass, Texans.