Houston (CBS Houston) – Case Keenum sprained right thumb also has ligament damage. It’s enough damage to keep the Texans starter in a splint all week and off the field.
With Keenum unable to go Wade Phillips will tap Matt Schaub against Denver.
“Our team is 100 percent behind him.” Wade Phillips said. “I know our real fans are going to be cheering for our team and also for him.”
Keenum’s injury isn’t season ending. Phillips left open the possibility of him returning for the team’s final game against Tennessee.
Many have speculated that T.J. Yates would start if Keenum couldn’t go but Phillips said Schaub has been getting all the reps while operating as the team’s backup quarterback.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Hammond: Is Mike Vrabel The Texans Next Head Coach?
- 5 Reasons Why Brock Osweiler Will Not Be On The Texans Next Season
- REPORT: Texans To Not Hire OC; O’Brien To Call Plays In 2017
- Houston Texans Promote Mike Vrabel To Defensive Coordinator Romeo Crennel To Asst. Head Coach
- The Very Best Of Gallant At Night