Manning Honored As SI’s Sportsman Of The Year
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
The Associated Press (AP)- Peyton Manning is Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year.
Manning has led Denver to an 11-3 record this year, his second with the Broncos after missing the 2011 season with Indianapolis because of neck troubles that affected his right triceps. He has thrown 47 touchdown passes, three shy of Tom Brady’s NFL season record.
Manning is the fourth NFL quarterback to take the honor in the last nine years, following Brady in 2005, Brett Favre in 2007 and Drew Brees in 2010. LeBron James was the winner last year.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision