Manning Honored As SI’s Sportsman Of The Year
The Associated Press (AP)- Peyton Manning is Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year.
Manning has led Denver to an 11-3 record this year, his second with the Broncos after missing the 2011 season with Indianapolis because of neck troubles that affected his right triceps. He has thrown 47 touchdown passes, three shy of Tom Brady’s NFL season record.
Manning is the fourth NFL quarterback to take the honor in the last nine years, following Brady in 2005, Brett Favre in 2007 and Drew Brees in 2010. LeBron James was the winner last year.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Heated Conversations With Booker T Sat. Jan 24th
- Bill Belichick Addresses Deflate-Gate: We As An Organization Have Followed The Rules
- James Harden Hits Game Winning Shot To Lift Rockets Over Suns
- What’s Poppin’?: Pop Culture With Paul, Brien And Producer Lara
- Astros Sign Marwin Gonzalez, Avoid Arbitration