Manning Honored As SI’s Sportsman Of The Year
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
The Associated Press (AP)- Peyton Manning is Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year.
Manning has led Denver to an 11-3 record this year, his second with the Broncos after missing the 2011 season with Indianapolis because of neck troubles that affected his right triceps. He has thrown 47 touchdown passes, three shy of Tom Brady’s NFL season record.
Manning is the fourth NFL quarterback to take the honor in the last nine years, following Brady in 2005, Brett Favre in 2007 and Drew Brees in 2010. LeBron James was the winner last year.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Rams Release Houston Area Native Michael Sam
- Texans Interested in Former Jets, Dolphins Cornerback
- Texans Release Former 2nd Round Pick Brandon Harris
- Second Year For Eddie Lacy Could Push Packers To NFL’s Most Balanced Offense
- O’Brien Yet To Name Backup, But Thinks All Three Texans QBs Will Make Roster