LSU Approves Sports Ticket Price Hikes
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — The LSU Board of Supervisors has approved a boost in sports ticket and parking prices as requested by Athletic Director Joe Alleva.
A strong majority of board members voted Friday in favor of the proposals from Alleva to make 150 changes to prices for tickets and parking at university sports events. That includes a price hike for the 2014 football season and for the 2015 baseball season.
The changes are estimated to raise about $2.3 million in the current budget year and grow to $4 million a year later. Alleva says his department needs the money to keep up with rising costs for salaries, benefits, travel and athlete scholarships.
The department also stands to gain millions in new revenue from a new TV contract slated to begin next year.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision