FANTASY IMPACT: Welker Ruled Out Against Chargers With Concussion
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — As expected, coach John Fox has officially ruled out Wes Welker for Denver’s game against San Diego on Thursday night because of a concussion.
The NFL’s protocol for concussed players would have allowed Welker only to participate in light practice Thursday and only if he had passed baseline cognitive tests earlier in the week.
For competitive purposes, Fox had been coy about Welker’s status during the week, other than to say the receiver’s health was the team’s top priority.
Welker was going low to catch a pass Sunday when Tennessee safety George Wilson legally hit him in the side of his neck, knocking him from the game.
Welker also sustained a concussion Nov. 17 against Kansas City but played the following week at New England.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Watt On Getting Signed Jersey From 7 Year Old Fan: “Surely He Has Confidence”
- Keenum Happy To Be Home, And To Get Second Chance With O’Brien’s Texans
- Pauly G’s Power Rankings: House Of Cards
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Tennessee Titans At Jacksonville Jaguars
- The Best Of ‘In The Loop’ Featuring @McClain_on_NFL