Houston (CBS Houston)– The Houston Astros General Manager Jeff Luhnow announced Wednesday that they’ve acquired right-handed pitcher Anthony Bass from the San Diego Padres for a player to be named later or cash considerations as the franchise continues to rebuild.
Bass, 26, will serve as a useful arm pitching 42.0 innings, across four stints out of the Padres bullpen in 2013. In 2012, Bass had a 2-8 record and a 4.73 ERA in 97 innings, with 80 strike-outs against 39 walks. He has struggled with shoulder problems after 2011.
The Padres will receive a player to be named later or cash considerations for the exchange, making the Astros 40-man roster stand at 38.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- 3T – Bill Hancock Executive Director CFB Playoff
- Temple Fans Curse At Teenager Matt Rhule Not Football Coach Matt Rhule On Twitter
- Baylor Hires Matt Rhule As Next Head Coach
- Hammond: Texans Wrong To Make Charles James Fall Guy For Loss
- Donatas Motiejunas Fails To Show Up For Physical After Rockets Contract Offer