REPORT: Mack Brown Stepping Down As Longhorns Coach
Austin, Tx (CBS HOUSTON) – Mack Brown (62) has been the head coach of the Texas Longhorns since 1998. Reports from orangebloods.com are citing high level sources that the head of the UT football program will step down at the end of this season. An 8-4 campaign in 2013 was filled with highs and lows that saw a lot of rumors surrounding the coach who is second in all-time wins (158) at the school.
The Texas football banquet is Friday night and many expect that to be the place where Brown will announce his plans to step down after the Longhorns take on the Oregon Ducks in the Alamo Bowl.
Brown has won the national championship once, in 2005, and played for it another time, in 2009. From 2001-2009 Brown led the Longhorns to ten win seasons.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- J.J. Watt Writes Excuse Note For Fan To Miss Work
- Bottom Line: Rockets Desire More Effort
- Mavs’ Chandler Not Suspended; Dwight: ‘I Want Him To Play’
- Former Rockets Great Chucky Brown Shares Stories From Rockets 1995 Title Run
- John Harris: If Texans Draft Gurley At No. 16, He And Arian Foster Could Be Lethal