Andre Johnson Plays Santa For Local Children
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston)– With all the drama coming out of Reliant Stadium, finally we have a warm story of simple kindness and to no surprise it’s Andre Johnson who’s behind it.
The Andre Johnson Charitable Foundation hosted for the seventh straight year a toy giveaway where children from children’s protective services have ‘80’ seconds to pick out as many toys and gifts that they can that fit in a shopping cart.
This year twelve children received the opportunity to go to Toys ‘R’ Us and the All-Pro receiver foot the bill. But before he paid $17,352 for their gifts, the number ‘80’ receiver threw in a gaming console and games.
“It just gives them a chance to go through the store and get whatever they want,” Johnson said. “They don’t have to ask nobody for it. Whatever they have on their Christmas list they can pick up. That’s the reason why I do it.”
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision