Andre Johnson Plays Santa For Local Children
Houston (CBS Houston)– With all the drama coming out of Reliant Stadium, finally we have a warm story of simple kindness and to no surprise it’s Andre Johnson who’s behind it.
The Andre Johnson Charitable Foundation hosted for the seventh straight year a toy giveaway where children from children’s protective services have ‘80’ seconds to pick out as many toys and gifts that they can that fit in a shopping cart.
This year twelve children received the opportunity to go to Toys ‘R’ Us and the All-Pro receiver foot the bill. But before he paid $17,352 for their gifts, the number ‘80’ receiver threw in a gaming console and games.
“It just gives them a chance to go through the store and get whatever they want,” Johnson said. “They don’t have to ask nobody for it. Whatever they have on their Christmas list they can pick up. That’s the reason why I do it.”
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- J.J. Watt Writes Excuse Note For Fan To Miss Work
- Bottom Line: Rockets Desire More Effort
- Mavs’ Chandler Not Suspended; Dwight: ‘I Want Him To Play’
- Former Rockets Great Chucky Brown Shares Stories From Rockets 1995 Title Run
- John Harris: If Texans Draft Gurley At No. 16, He And Arian Foster Could Be Lethal