Houston (CBS Houston) – Astros continue making deals, on Saturday the Astros chose address the bullpen depth. The Astros announced the team has brought back reliever Chad Qualls on a 2 year deal, per Ken Rosenthal it’s a 2 year deal worth 9.5 million plus incentives.
Qualls 35 years old, was selected in the 2nd round of the 2000 MLB draft. He pitched for the Houston Astros from 2004-2007. Last season he pitched for the Miami Marlins and appeared in 66 games finishing the year with a 2.66 ERA.
Astros GM Jeff Luhnow said via a press release, “Improving our bullpen is a top priority this off-season, bringing Chad back to Houston is a big step in that direction.”
Chad Qualls with 51 career saves could be the team’s starting closer next season.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Pete Prisco’s 2018 NFL Breakout Players
- Keidel: Should The Mets Trade deGrom, Syndergaard?
- Latest MLB Power Rankings
- McCullers Dominates As Astros Beat Indians 3-1
- Nine NFL Teams That Still Need A Long-Term Plan At Quarterback