Astros Bring Back Reliever Chad Qualls
Houston (CBS Houston) – Astros continue making deals, on Saturday the Astros chose address the bullpen depth. The Astros announced the team has brought back reliever Chad Qualls on a 2 year deal, per Ken Rosenthal it’s a 2 year deal worth 9.5 million plus incentives.
Qualls 35 years old, was selected in the 2nd round of the 2000 MLB draft. He pitched for the Houston Astros from 2004-2007. Last season he pitched for the Miami Marlins and appeared in 66 games finishing the year with a 2.66 ERA.
Astros GM Jeff Luhnow said via a press release, “Improving our bullpen is a top priority this off-season, bringing Chad back to Houston is a big step in that direction.”
Chad Qualls with 51 career saves could be the team’s starting closer next season.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Shorts and Washington Look to Find Place on Depth Chart
- The Best Of The B-Straw And Pauly G Show
- Haterade: NFL Wide Receivers Have Out of Control Egos
- Highlight The Helpless: Kitten Used In A Getaway Attempt
- What’s Poppin? Gwen Stefani Back On The Market?