Astros Bring Back Reliever Chad Qualls
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) – Astros continue making deals, on Saturday the Astros chose address the bullpen depth. The Astros announced the team has brought back reliever Chad Qualls on a 2 year deal, per Ken Rosenthal it’s a 2 year deal worth 9.5 million plus incentives.
Qualls 35 years old, was selected in the 2nd round of the 2000 MLB draft. He pitched for the Houston Astros from 2004-2007. Last season he pitched for the Miami Marlins and appeared in 66 games finishing the year with a 2.66 ERA.
Astros GM Jeff Luhnow said via a press release, “Improving our bullpen is a top priority this off-season, bringing Chad back to Houston is a big step in that direction.”
Chad Qualls with 51 career saves could be the team’s starting closer next season.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Gregg Rosenthal Doesn’t Think Andre Johnson Will Be A Texan Next Season
- 2 Texas Football players Charged With Sex Assault
- LZ Granderson Says Rockets Are Worse Off Than They Were A Year Ago
- Knoblauch Charged With Assaulting Ex-Wife
- 6 Stars Of The World Cup, Where Are They Now?