Astros Bring Back Reliever Chad Qualls
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) – Astros continue making deals, on Saturday the Astros chose address the bullpen depth. The Astros announced the team has brought back reliever Chad Qualls on a 2 year deal, per Ken Rosenthal it’s a 2 year deal worth 9.5 million plus incentives.
Qualls 35 years old, was selected in the 2nd round of the 2000 MLB draft. He pitched for the Houston Astros from 2004-2007. Last season he pitched for the Miami Marlins and appeared in 66 games finishing the year with a 2.66 ERA.
Astros GM Jeff Luhnow said via a press release, “Improving our bullpen is a top priority this off-season, bringing Chad back to Houston is a big step in that direction.”
Chad Qualls with 51 career saves could be the team’s starting closer next season.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Report: Earl Mitchell Has Moved On From The Texans; Doesn’t Expect To Be Back
- Dr. Wayne Winston Talks NFL Analytics
- Less Than 24 Hours From Free Agency, Garrett Graham Still Negotiating With The Texans
- Owen Daniels Aware He Could Be A ‘Cap Casualty’ But Wants To Remain A Texan
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Starting Pitcher