Texans Special Teams Coordinator Joe Marciano Fired
Houston (CBS Houston)– Following the Friday morning firing of head coach Gary Kubiak, special teams coordinator Joe Marciano is reported to be the next casualty at Reliant Stadium.
According to the Houston Texans, they have promoted Bob Ligashesky from special teams assistant to replace Marciano.
Texans owner Bob McNair said Friday morning in his press conference that this season has been, “Horrible. It’s been a nightmare.”
The Houston Texans special teams unit has been atrocious and even the addition of Shane Lechler couldn’t save a floundering unit and McNair made it clear Friday morning that he was tired of tolerating mediocrity.
“We’re at the point now where we needed to go ahead and make some changes because losing like this is just unacceptable and something that we just can’t tolerate.”
Ligashesky is in his 10th NFL season and has an additional 19 years coaching experience in the collegiate ranks.
And now it’s, “Who’s next?”
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Two Straight Super Bowl Trips For Former Rice Star Willson
- Danny White: Cowboys Need to be Fired Up
- Rod Woodson, Julius Thomas, Montell Williams, Greg Ellis and Kevin Harlan Join The Triple Threat
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- Foster Backs Off Claims of Receiving $50,000 In College