Houston (CBS Houston)– Following the Friday morning firing of head coach Gary Kubiak, special teams coordinator Joe Marciano is reported to be the next casualty at Reliant Stadium.
According to the Houston Texans, they have promoted Bob Ligashesky from special teams assistant to replace Marciano.
Texans owner Bob McNair said Friday morning in his press conference that this season has been, “Horrible. It’s been a nightmare.”
The Houston Texans special teams unit has been atrocious and even the addition of Shane Lechler couldn’t save a floundering unit and McNair made it clear Friday morning that he was tired of tolerating mediocrity.
“We’re at the point now where we needed to go ahead and make some changes because losing like this is just unacceptable and something that we just can’t tolerate.”
Ligashesky is in his 10th NFL season and has an additional 19 years coaching experience in the collegiate ranks.
And now it’s, “Who’s next?”
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation