HOUSTON (CBS Houston) – Days after the trade for Rockies outfielder Dexter Fowler and still days before the winter meetings the Astros made another deal. Today they have reached a contact agreement with free agent starting pitcher Scott Feldman for 3 years and 30 million.
Feldman spent time with the Cubs and the Oriels last season. He managed a 3.86 ERA between the two 2 teams to go along with 12-12 record. Feldman started his career and played his first 7 full seasons with the Rangers and was ranked by multiple outlets as the 9TH best free agent pitcher during this offseason.
Feldman will enter a pitching rotation as the veteran and no doubt somewhere near the top of the rotation if not the number 1 starter. Jarred Cosart spoke a little bit about the new pickups recently and was completely behind the team’s added depth to the rotation and lineup.
“It’s going to be an exciting season, these 2 guys just in their own make us tremendously better,” Cosart said. “The winter meetings haven’t even started yet, so I think there is more excitement ahead”.
When speaking with Astros GM Jeff Luhnow recently he mentioned the Astros weren’t done yet and the team was still looking to add another bat along with both relief and starting pitchers.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- The Wait Is Over For Bagwell; Elected To Baseball Hall of Fame
- Hammond: Is Mike Vrabel The Texans Next Head Coach?
- 5 Reasons Why Brock Osweiler Will Not Be On The Texans Next Season
- REPORT: Texans To Not Hire OC; O’Brien To Call Plays In 2017
- Houston Texans Promote Mike Vrabel To Defensive Coordinator Romeo Crennel To Asst. Head Coach