Howard: ‘It Was Piss-Poor Effort Out There’
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston)– The Houston Rockets shot 35.2 percent as they fell to the Phoenix Suns 97-88, Wednesday night.
If you fast forward to the 3:30 mark, you’ll see a defeated Dwight Howard answer the question, “Are you disappointed with the effort?”
“It was piss-poor effort out there on defense and offense,” Howard said. “The ball stuck tonight and we didn’t move it and we can’t win that way.”
I appreciate Howard’s honest frustration as he ended the night with 15 points and 18 rebounds in their second straight loss.
“It had nothing to do with us missing shots,” Howard said. “They just played harder than us. It had nothing to do with the offensive game. They just played hard. We know what we (have to) do. It’s gotta be important for guys to come out and play the same way every night.”
To read more about the Rockets/Suns game (click here)
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Marc Malusis Says If Giants Make Same Mistakes As Last Game Will Lose To Texans
- Texans S D.J. Swearinger Expects To Play Sunday Against New York Giants
- J.J. Watt On Playing Goal Line Tight End For Texans: “It’s Not A Gimmick”
- 6 Types Of People In Your Fantasy Football League
- Watt: NFL Has Good Guys, Too