Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler
Houston (CBS Houston)– The Houston Astros announced Tuesday afternoon that they have acquired centerfielder Dexter Fowler from the Colorado Rockies.
Astros fans have been promised big moves this offseason and to be patient with the Astros’ moves and today management feels that they have done just that.
“One of our goals this offseason was to bring in an outfielder who can spark our offense,” said Astros General Manager Jeff Luhnow. “Dexter is an exciting player who can help with the bat, with his legs, and with his glove.”
In exchange the Rockies will receive right-handed pitcher Jordan Lyles and outfielder Brandon Barnes making the Astros 40-man roster, 36.
“Jordan and Brandon are both home grown players who have done well here and provided good memories for our fans,” Luhnow said. “We wish them the best in their careers going forward.”
The Astros also will acquire a player to be named later from the Rockies.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Breaking Down College Basketball’s Top 25 Teams [1-5]
- Matt Hammond Podcast (Mar. 3): Is Andre Johnson Fibbing About Talks With Texans?
- Rosenfels: Andre Johnson The Best Receiver I Ever Played With
- Top 5 Sports Callers Of The Week: February 23-February 27
- Coleman: Asking Andre Johnson To Take A Lesser Role Slap In The Face