ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Five days after leaving a game with a concussion, Broncos receiver Wes Welker was cleared for full practice Friday and listed as probable for Denver’s game against New England.
“If you had the ‘Definitely will go’ category, he’d probably be on there, too,” Broncos interim coach Jack Del Rio said.
Welker has passed NFL-mandated tests that have allowed him to gradually work his way back into practice with the Broncos. He was out Wednesday, limited Thursday and full Friday.
“First and foremost, we want to make sure we’ve done the right thing by the player and he’s safe to return,” Del Rio said. “Obviously, we’d like to have our better players available and he’s one of them.”
Broncos tight end Julius Thomas was limited and listed as questionable.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation