Coach Kubiak Will Coach Upstairs Again
Houston (CBS Houston)– Gary Kubiak said Friday that he was not cleared to coach his (2-8) team on the sidelines as they host the (1-9) Jacksonville Jaguars.
“I will be upstairs again,” Kubiak said on Friday. “It was decided yesterday evening. I lost the war.”
Kubiak jokingly answered in that manner due to his Thursday comments about being in a non-serious “battle” with the doctors on approving him to coach on the field.
“I listened to them and I talked to them,” Kubiak told the media about not being cleared. “I understand their decision, I’m just glad to get back and be out there and go to work. We’ll go week to week.”
Coach Kubiak expressed that he would, “love to” be on the field to coach Sunday’s home game. This will be his second consecutive game coaching from up above at Reliant Stadium.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Former Rockets Great Chucky Brown Shares Stories From Rockets 1995 Title Run
- John Harris: If Texans Draft Gurley At No. 16, He And Arian Foster Could Be Lethal
- Former Miami WR Phillip Dorsett: Texans Have Called Me Within The Past Week
- CBS Local Sports: Paulie Malignaggi To Brown And Troupe: “Mayweather Probably Going To Dominate”
- 5 Biggest Storylines Of The 2015 NFL Draft