Coach Kubiak Will Coach Upstairs Again
Houston (CBS Houston)– Gary Kubiak said Friday that he was not cleared to coach his (2-8) team on the sidelines as they host the (1-9) Jacksonville Jaguars.
“I will be upstairs again,” Kubiak said on Friday. “It was decided yesterday evening. I lost the war.”
Kubiak jokingly answered in that manner due to his Thursday comments about being in a non-serious “battle” with the doctors on approving him to coach on the field.
“I listened to them and I talked to them,” Kubiak told the media about not being cleared. “I understand their decision, I’m just glad to get back and be out there and go to work. We’ll go week to week.”
Coach Kubiak expressed that he would, “love to” be on the field to coach Sunday’s home game. This will be his second consecutive game coaching from up above at Reliant Stadium.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Heated Conversations With Booker T Sat. Jan 24th
- Bill Belichick Addresses Deflate-Gate: We As An Organization Have Followed The Rules
- James Harden Hits Game Winning Shot To Lift Rockets Over Suns
- What’s Poppin’?: Pop Culture With Paul, Brien And Producer Lara
- Astros Sign Marwin Gonzalez, Avoid Arbitration