The Texans Are Grasping For Straws
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
The Texans have lost confidence in their own decision-making. This more than anything reflects an organization that is in disarray and is in dire need of a shakeup.
Gary Kubiak’s decision to insert Matt Schaub in last week’s game was only the latest and most glaring example of a team grasping for straws in the dark.
They couldn’t decide on Tim Dobbins fate when he skipped mini-camp. Later, they cut him. They couldn’t decide if Sam Montgomery was a bad draft pick and unprofessional when he repeatedly was late for workouts, showed little work ethic and gained weight. Later, they cut him. They’ve hung on too long to Brice McCain and Brandon Harris.
On and on it’s gone: With special teams coach Joe Marciano, Keyshawn Martin’s special-teams flubs, offensive-line inadequacies … and of course Ed Reed’s clear shortcomings fitting in and staying healthy.
When Kubiak replaced Case Keenum with Schaub, he said it was because he didn’t have confidence in a tight situation in a two-minute drill situation.
Now, he says he has that confidence in Keenum. Like every other decision this club has made, it’s too little, too late.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Alyson Footer Gives Clarity To The Astros Players Uproar
- Mark Appel: No One Will Care About Lancaster When I’m Pitching In World Series
- 5 Players In The NFL Who Will Have A Bounce Back Season Offensively
- Rick Smith Impressed With O’Brien’s Ability To Develop Chemistry
- Ravens Fans Give Ray Rice Standing O Upon Return To Camp, Ravens Team Web Site Makes It Front Page News