Jeopardy! Makes Fun Of A Local Team
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston)– Wow! The Houston Astros went 51-111 this 2013 season and now, Jeopardy! decided to take their turn in poking fun at the Houston Astros, Monday night.
Host Alex Trebek asked the $1,000 clue:
“The large valve used to control wellbore fluids on oil rigs is this “preventer “; the Astros could have used one”
So, your team hasn’t won more than 57 games in three seasons.
So, they were 45 games out of first in the AL West.
So, you lost 34 games by at least five runs.
Surely no one will get this nationally televised jab correctly, right?
Wrong. Katie Moriarty of Cincinnati, a fifth-grade teacher, answered correctly:
What is a “blowout preventer”?
Zing, one for Jeopardy!
This coming after baseball agent Scott Boras jabbed the Astros at the general managers’ meetings last week.
“The Astros, they’re like Disneyland, Boras said. “If the kids come, it’s a great attraction.”
Boras made this analogy in reference to Houston cutting their payroll to around $29 million. The franchise did say that they would spend money in this offseason.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- The Best of The Worst Of ‘In The Loop’
- Projection: $23.5 Million For JJ Watt, “Lowballed Just To Get It Realistic”
- Report: Astros Have Made Scott Feldman Available, May Listen In On Dallas Keuchel
- VIDEO: Predictably, Arian Foster Was Olbermann’s Worst Person In Sports
- Must-Click Links: Grantland Profiles JJ Watt’s Maniacal Dedication To Craft