Preseason Big 12 Fave Oklahoma St Controls Fate
STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer (AP)- Oklahoma State has a chance to emerge from an unexpected shadow this week.
The Cowboys were the preseason pick by Big 12 coaches as the favorite to win the league. But after an early loss at West Virginia, they had to settle in the background of Baylor’s undefeated run.
This week, those two teams are front and center in the league. They play Saturday in Stillwater, where Baylor hasn’t won since 1939.
With six wins in a row, including a decisive victory at Texas on Saturday, 11th-ranked Oklahoma State (9-1, 6-1 Big 12) controls its fate in the Big 12 race. So does No. 3 Baylor (9-0, 6-0), which on pace to set major college records with its 686 yards and 61 points a game.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Mario Elie: Harden Needs To Attack The Rim, Not Get Discouraged If Jordan Gets Early Blocks
- New Texans RB Kenny Hilliard: I Texted La’el Collins, But I’m Not Going To Harass Him
- 5 Of The Most Bizarre Sports Sponsorships
- DeAndre Hopkins Has “Always Wanted To Be A Goalkeeper”
- 11 Things In Sports That Are “More Probable Than Not” To Happen