FANTASY IMPACT: Bills’ WR Johnson Out With Groin Injury
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Buffalo Bills wide receiver Stevie Johnson has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the New York Jets because of a groin injury.
That means the Bills will play without their top two receivers against the Jets. Rookie Robert Woods (ankle) was ruled out this week by coach Doug Marrone.
The injuries are the latest blow to an already struggling passing attack. The Bills were unable to generate much through the air in the first meeting between the two teams, which New York won 27-20. Buffalo is 29th in the NFL in passing.
Johnson leads the Bills in receiving with 41 receptions for 471 yards and three touchdowns. The six-year player is the only established veteran at wide receiver on Buffalo’s roster.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Upon Further Review: Historic Weekend In College Football
- CBS Sports’ Solomon Wilcots: Saints’ Offensive Line Is Deteriorating In Front Of Brees
- Texas Trooper Under Review After Stopping Dallas Cowboy Running Back, Taking Photo
- Texans Release Worthy to Make Room for New Defensive Lineman
- Former Texas A&M Wide Receiver Murders Random Person With Machete