Houston (CBS Houston)– The Houston Texans continue to make roster moves.
Friday, the team announced that they claimed outside linebacker Ricky Sapp off waivers from the New York Jets.
Houston Chronicle’s John McClain tweeted that the Jets waived Sapp in order to make room for newly acquired Ed Reed this past week.
Sapp, 27, was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2010 and has played 9 NFL games with 2 registered total tackles.
In order for the Texans to bring in Sapp the team had to waive running back Ray Graham.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Best of In the Loop 1-17-18
- Astros Introduce Gerrit Cole
- Locker Room Five Things Jan. 17, 2018: Ariza Deserves Harsh Punishment, Questions Brain Gaine Must Answer And Keenum’s Favorable Situation
- A Reason To Cheer For Each Team Left In The NFL Playoffs
- Former Gymnasts Speak In Court About Abuse By Nassar