HOUSTON- (CBS HOUSTON) Texans punter Shane Lechler was been released from the hospital and will be a game time decision for Sunday’s match-up against the Oakland Raiders. Lechler was hospitalized earlier in the week battling the flu.
While the seven-time Pro Bowler may not be official for Sunday. Texans Head Coach Gary Kubiak mentioned during in his Friday press conference that he expects to see his veteran punter on the field.
“I don’t have any doubt that he will be ready to play,” Kubiak said. “He’ll be there, he knows what he’s doing.”
Lechler, who spent his entire 13-year career with the Raiders before signing with the Texans in the offseason has performed well in his first season with his home town team. Lechler is fourth in the NFL in punts pinned inside the 20.
“I think he’s punted very well and I think he’s got a lot left in him,” Kubiak said.”I really appreciate him being here and I think he has brought a positive influence to a lot of young players.”
If Lechler can’t play on Sunday placekicker Randy Bullock will assume the punting duties and Matt Schaub will be Bullock’s holder on kicks.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Astros 7th Inning Outburst Beats Mariners 7-1
- Chris Paul, Gerald Green Lead Rockets To 102-82 Win, 2-0 Series Lead
- Corey Chavous: Bradley Chubb Is The Top Prospect In The Draft In My Evaluation
- Jrue Holiday Is Why The Pelicans Lead The Trail Blazers
- Former Tennessee QB Quinten Dormady Announces He’s Transferring To Houston