Houston (CBS Houston) – Joe Mays health situation may be worse than originally reported. On Thursday Texans head coach Gary Kubiak let it slip that Mays knee has swelled up along with the previously known oblique injury.
“His knee swole up on him.” Kubiak said. “It will probably be a game time decision.”
Without out Mays, the linebacking situation becomes desperately thin. Jeff Tarpinian would start in his place. Tarpinian has been on the roster for less than three weeks and Wade Phillips hasn’t learned his name yet.
“Who? Oh yeah that’s our new linebacker.” Phillips said when asked about Tarpinian. “He’s a smart young player that was thrown into a tough situation.”
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation