Ed Reed Finds A New Team
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) – Former Texan Ed Reed wasn’t unemployed for long. The safety will sign with the New York Jets, according to ESPN.
He has recorded 16 tackles, no sacks, and no interceptions in the seven games he’s played this season. Reed’s former teammate and friend, Andre Johnson, thinks he still has plenty left in the tank.
“Can (Reed) still play? Ya, I think so,” Johnson said.
Reed’s tenure with the Texans never got going in the right direction. He was eventually replaced by Shiloh Keo and relegated to dime safety. Gary Kubiak said the decision to release Reed was about football not his recent comments. He also expressed a desire to play younger players.
“I thought it was fair to him to give him an opportunity to play somewhere else,” Kubiak said.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- If You’re Last, You’re First…Texans Last In NFL In Arrests
- Report: CSN Houston Could Lose Majority of Current Employees
- Adrian Peterson’s All Day Foundation Takes Down It’s Website
- Vikings Health Partner Looking Into Sponsorship
- CBS Sports Steve Tasker Weighs In On Falcons Vs Buccaneers on Thursday Night Football