Two Texans Starters Miss Practice Wednesday
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – Texans cornerback Kareem Jackson and inside linebacker Joe Mays were not at practice Wednesday. Jackson is battling a chest contusion, while Mays has an oblique injury.
Jackson left the Cardinals game in the first half and did not return. Brice McCain filled in for him at practice Wednesday.
Mays suffered his injury in the first half against Arizona. However, he was able to return to the game. Mays also missed practice on Monday. The Texans were particularly thin at inside linebacker, as Darryl Sharpton (normally rests Wednesdays) and Mike Mohamed (hamstring) also sat out Wednesday.
Punter Shane Lechler (flu), guard Wade Smith (also normally rests on Wednesdays), tight end Ryan Griffin (concussion), and cornerback Elbert Mack (hamstring) also did not participate.
Meanwhile, Arian Foster will have surgery tomorrow in California to repair a ruptured disk in his back. He was officially placed on I.R. yesterday.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Meltsdown: NBA Stars Don’t Want To Play With James Harden And Dwight Howard
- Howard, Harden, Rockets To Open Preseason With Mavericks, Parsons
- SABR Convention Underway in Houston
- Report: Astros Not Taking Calls On Reliever Chad Qualls, Yet
- Report: Astros “Very, Very Busy” With Talks For Cosart, Have Keuchel Off Table