Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – Texans cornerback Kareem Jackson and inside linebacker Joe Mays were not at practice Wednesday. Jackson is battling a chest contusion, while Mays has an oblique injury.
Jackson left the Cardinals game in the first half and did not return. Brice McCain filled in for him at practice Wednesday.
Mays suffered his injury in the first half against Arizona. However, he was able to return to the game. Mays also missed practice on Monday. The Texans were particularly thin at inside linebacker, as Darryl Sharpton (normally rests Wednesdays) and Mike Mohamed (hamstring) also sat out Wednesday.
Punter Shane Lechler (flu), guard Wade Smith (also normally rests on Wednesdays), tight end Ryan Griffin (concussion), and cornerback Elbert Mack (hamstring) also did not participate.
Meanwhile, Arian Foster will have surgery tomorrow in California to repair a ruptured disk in his back. He was officially placed on I.R. yesterday.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation