Two Texans Starters Miss Practice Wednesday
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – Texans cornerback Kareem Jackson and inside linebacker Joe Mays were not at practice Wednesday. Jackson is battling a chest contusion, while Mays has an oblique injury.
Jackson left the Cardinals game in the first half and did not return. Brice McCain filled in for him at practice Wednesday.
Mays suffered his injury in the first half against Arizona. However, he was able to return to the game. Mays also missed practice on Monday. The Texans were particularly thin at inside linebacker, as Darryl Sharpton (normally rests Wednesdays) and Mike Mohamed (hamstring) also sat out Wednesday.
Punter Shane Lechler (flu), guard Wade Smith (also normally rests on Wednesdays), tight end Ryan Griffin (concussion), and cornerback Elbert Mack (hamstring) also did not participate.
Meanwhile, Arian Foster will have surgery tomorrow in California to repair a ruptured disk in his back. He was officially placed on I.R. yesterday.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- O’Brien Yet To Name Backup, But Thinks All Three Texans QBs Will Make Roster
- O’Brien: 7th Round Rookie Hal “Has Definitely Earned Right To Be In Discussion To Make Team”
- O’Brien: Nix “Really Doesn’t Totally Get It Yet, Has Got A Long Way To Go”
- Comedian Craig Gass On The Triple Threat
- CBSSports.com: Fantasy Baseball Week 23 Starts And Sits