Texans Add Two To Active Roster
Houston (CBS Houston) – With Joe Mays hampered by an oblique injury the Texans added some depth at linebacker on Wednesday. They signed linebacker D.J. Smith, who was last with the San Diego Chargers.
Smith was a sixth round pick of the Packers in 2011 and has 82 career tackles. The 24-year old played his college football at Appalachian State.
With the departure of Ed Reed they also signed Safety Jawanza Starling to the active roster. Starling was in training camp with the Texans. Wide receiver Rico Richardson and cornerback Loyce Means were added to the practice squad.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- J.J. Watt Writes Excuse Note For Fan To Miss Work
- Bottom Line: Rockets Desire More Effort
- Mavs’ Chandler Not Suspended; Dwight: ‘I Want Him To Play’
- Former Rockets Great Chucky Brown Shares Stories From Rockets 1995 Title Run
- John Harris: If Texans Draft Gurley At No. 16, He And Arian Foster Could Be Lethal