Houston (CBS Houston) – With Joe Mays hampered by an oblique injury the Texans added some depth at linebacker on Wednesday. They signed linebacker D.J. Smith, who was last with the San Diego Chargers.
Smith was a sixth round pick of the Packers in 2011 and has 82 career tackles. The 24-year old played his college football at Appalachian State.
With the departure of Ed Reed they also signed Safety Jawanza Starling to the active roster. Starling was in training camp with the Texans. Wide receiver Rico Richardson and cornerback Loyce Means were added to the practice squad.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Hammond: Let’s Fix The Texans Identity Problem
- This Week In Golf: Rory McIlroy Wins FedExCup, Arnold Palmer Passes
- [WATCH] Vin Scully’s Final Call At Dodger Stadium Is A Walkoff Home Run
- Fantasy Baseball’s Version Of The Final Countdown Is Upon You Now
- [LISTEN] Georges St Pierre: I’m Ready To Return To UFC, They Haven’t Called Me Back