Case Keenum’s Starting Spot Not Guaranteed
Houston (CBS Houston) – Case Keenum’s three game stint as a starting quarterback has yet to produce a win for the Texans. But things have been markedly better with Keenum at the helm. Andre Johnson has five touchdown catches in the last two games — he previously had none on the season.
Despite Keenum’s early success Gary Kubiak wouldn’t say he would remain as the team’s starter for the rest of the season.
“I think (Keenum) needs a little pressure on him to continue to have to play well and stay in there. I’m not going to give anybody anything much less a quarterback.” Kubiak said Wednesday.
Keenum is completing 56% of his passes with seven touchdowns and no interceptions but that isn’t enough to keep Matt Schaub from pushing for his old job back.
“Matt’s working really hard. I know Matt wants to get back on the field.” Gary Kubiak.
- Matt Hammond Podcast (May 4): Texans 2015 Draft Was Vintage Bill O’Brien, Mayweather-Pacquiao Was A Win For Anti-Mayweather Crowd
- James Harden Finishes 2nd In MVP To Steph Curry
- Keidel: Pacquiao Should Pack It In
- Chris Paul Questionable For Game One Versus Rockets
- Gattis Powers Astros To 10th Straight Win