Arian Foster Officially On Injured Reserve
Houston (CBS Houston)– The Houston Texans have officially announced Tuesday that running back Arian Foster will be placed on injured reserve and will miss the rest of the 2013-14 season.
Many had speculated and even reported that Foster, 28, was going to miss this season due to his back injury, but the team had not made it official.
When Texans interim head coach Wade Phillips was asked on Monday about Foster’s agent saying that he will be having surgery Phillips’ responded, “I didn’t know that, but I know he has a disc problem and that’s
what they’ve been researching. That’s what he’s gone for all the different opinions on. That’s where I am on it. I don’t know for sure what they’ve decided to do.”
He continued, “He is not out of the season right now. He’s still on the roster. Now what happens with it, I can’t say.”
Foster is expected to undergo back surgery to repair a bulging disc, while the Texans will look to Ben Tate to continue toting the rock.
Tate is battling his own injury, nursing broken ribs to health.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Texans Owner Bob McNair: Hoyer Did The Extra Work Needed To Win The Job
- Keidel: Mayweather’s 49-0 Mark Will Be More Impressive Than Marciano’s
- This Week In Baseball: ‘Shoeless’ Joe’s Failed Reinstatement Bid, What It Means For Pete Rose
- Texans Hard Knocks Drinking Game – Episode 4
- Houston Dash Star Carli Lloyd Visits Houston Texans Practice