Houston (CBS Houston)– Houston Rockets guard James Harden was fined $5,000 for violating the NBA’s anti-flopping policy, according to the league Monday.
This is Harden’s second flopping violation this season, which is concerning since the Rockets are only seven games in.
The violation happened Saturday in the 107-94 loss against the Los Angeles Clippers.
Last season Harden led the NBA in free throws and is currently sitting at third for the 2013-14 season.
Next flopping violation that Harden receives will result in a $10,000 fine.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Maye’s Last Second Shot Sends UNC To Final Four With 75-73 Win Over Kentucky
- South Carolina Beats Florida 77-70, Makes First Trip To Final Four
- Rockets Expect Anderson To Miss 2 Weeks With Sprained Ankle
- Oregon Tops Kansas 74-60 To Advance To First Final Four In 78 Years
- Gonzaga Trounces Xavier 83-59 To Advance To First Final Four In School History