Houston (CBS Houston)– Houston Rockets guard James Harden was fined $5,000 for violating the NBA’s anti-flopping policy, according to the league Monday.
This is Harden’s second flopping violation this season, which is concerning since the Rockets are only seven games in.
The violation happened Saturday in the 107-94 loss against the Los Angeles Clippers.
Last season Harden led the NBA in free throws and is currently sitting at third for the 2013-14 season.
Next flopping violation that Harden receives will result in a $10,000 fine.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Texans Brass: Despite Loaded WR Class, Fuller Was “Our No. 1” Choice
- Texans Officially Welcome ‘Soft-Spoken’ 1st-Round Pick Will Fuller
- Houston Texans Expected To Target Offensive Line, Defensive Tackle Or Tight End
- Jon Weeks Excited To Work With New Special Teams Coach Larry Izzo
- Keidel: Like Dan Marino, Laremy Tunsil A Victim Of Embellished Fears