Charges Filed In Electrocution Death From Hotel Pool Lights
From Our CBS Music Sites
Get Breaking News First
HOUSTON (AP) — Charges have been filed in connection with the death of a man who was electrocuted at a hotel pool in Houston when the pool lights switched on at dusk.
Houston police filed criminally negligent homicide charges against electricians who did work at the pool. A police statement said the repair work was done in a “substandard fashion,” leading to a pool light short that electrocuted Raul Hernandez, 27, on Aug. 31.
Hernandez and his family were swimming at the Hilton Houston Westchase when the pool lights came on and those in the pool began to complain of being shocked.
Hernandez swam to the deep end of the pool to help his younger brother, who survived, according to a civil lawsuit filed in the case. Hernandez needed help from bystanders to get out and went into cardiac arrest. He died at a Houston hospital on Sept. 6.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)