Texans Offense Stalls In Seventh Straight Loss
Houston (CBS Houston) – From the first play of the game the Texans offense was at the mercy of the Cardinals defense during their 27-24 defeat. Matt Shaughnessy recovered fumble and returned it for a touchdown to give the Cardinals a quick 7-0 lead.
Before the Cardinals defense clamped down, Case Keenum engineered two first have scoring drives to give the Texans a 17-14 lead at halftime. The second half yielded just 33 yards on offense and one touchdown — assisted by a J.J. Watt forced fumble on the Cardinals five yard line.
“Obviously a tough game for us. This team keeps fighting but we’re not coming up with the plays that make a difference” Interim Head Coach Wade Phillips said.
With Arian Foster done for the season and Ben Tate still nursing four bruised ribs, the Texans totaled just 76 yards on the ground.
“I thought their defense played outstanding in the second half,” Phillips continued “It’s obviously upsetting to all of us but our team is going to stick together.”
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Two Straight Super Bowl Trips For Former Rice Star Willson
- Danny White: Cowboys Need to be Fired Up
- Rod Woodson, Julius Thomas, Montell Williams, Greg Ellis and Kevin Harlan Join The Triple Threat
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- Foster Backs Off Claims of Receiving $50,000 In College