Texans Release Veteran Inside Linebacker
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston)–The Houston Texans announced on Friday that they have released veteran inside linebacker Tavares Gooden and signed cornerback Josh Victorian to the active roster.
Gooden, 29, is in his sixth season. He was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in 2008 and only played one game for the Houston Texans. Gooden also played for the 49ers before heading to Houston.
Victorian, 25, is from Louisiana Tech and played four games for the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2012 season.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Judge in Peterson Case Stays, Peterson Headed for Trial
- No, Fitzpatrick’s Familiarity With Titans Doesn’t Give Texans An Edge
- O’Brien: Come Sunday, Texans Will Be Ready For Titans QB, Whoever He Is
- Whisenhunt Dances Around Report That Titans Have Moved On From Locker
- Brian Cushing Doesn’t Practice Wednesday