Texans Release Veteran Inside Linebacker
Houston (CBS Houston)–The Houston Texans announced on Friday that they have released veteran inside linebacker Tavares Gooden and signed cornerback Josh Victorian to the active roster.
Gooden, 29, is in his sixth season. He was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in 2008 and only played one game for the Houston Texans. Gooden also played for the 49ers before heading to Houston.
Victorian, 25, is from Louisiana Tech and played four games for the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2012 season.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Eric Winston: NFL Made Up Rules To Keep Ray Rice Off The Field
- Two Straight Super Bowl Trips For Former Rice Star Willson
- Danny White: Cowboys Need to be Fired Up
- Rod Woodson, Julius Thomas, Montell Williams, Greg Ellis and Kevin Harlan Join The Triple Threat
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather