Texans Release Veteran Inside Linebacker
Houston (CBS Houston)–The Houston Texans announced on Friday that they have released veteran inside linebacker Tavares Gooden and signed cornerback Josh Victorian to the active roster.
Gooden, 29, is in his sixth season. He was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in 2008 and only played one game for the Houston Texans. Gooden also played for the 49ers before heading to Houston.
Victorian, 25, is from Louisiana Tech and played four games for the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2012 season.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- J.J. Watt Writes Excuse Note For Fan To Miss Work
- Bottom Line: Rockets Desire More Effort
- Mavs’ Chandler Not Suspended; Dwight: ‘I Want Him To Play’
- Former Rockets Great Chucky Brown Shares Stories From Rockets 1995 Title Run
- John Harris: If Texans Draft Gurley At No. 16, He And Arian Foster Could Be Lethal