Houston (CBS Houston) – The Houston Texans will be without Arian Foster for Sunday’s game against the Arizona Cardinals after playing only two snaps last week against the Colts.
Foster has received a few opinions from doctors on his bad back and interim head coach Wade Phillips says that he is still being evaluated.
With Foster out, Ben Tate will handle the majority of the carries, but he is still nursing sore ribs after breaking four of them against the Chiefs in week 7. Dennis Johnson and Deji Karim will also get some carries for the Texans offense.
SportsRadio 610’s John McClain is saying that season ending surgery is an option for Foster.
Foster was second in the league with 4.5 yards per carry heading into the Chiefs game where he hurt his hamstring and missed most of that contest. Against the Colts he left after just two plays with a back injury that Texans haven’t disclosed the severity of.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation