FRED GOODALL, AP Sports Writers & MARK LONG, AP Sports Writers (AP)- Jacksonville and Tampa Bay are halfway to history — and not the kind anyone wants to celebrate, chronicle or recall.
Winless through eight games this season, the Jaguars and Buccaneers could join the 2008 Detroit Lions (0-16) and the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-14) as the only winless teams in NFL history.
It’s not a spot either Florida franchise thought it would be in when the season began two months ago.
But at the midway point, the teams located about 175 miles apart are making headlines and highlights as they approach history one loss at a time.
And until one of them notches that first victory, the question lingers: who has the best shot at going 0-16?
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation