AFC SOUTH: Jaguars, Buccaneers halfway to NFL history
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
FRED GOODALL, AP Sports Writers & MARK LONG, AP Sports Writers (AP)- Jacksonville and Tampa Bay are halfway to history — and not the kind anyone wants to celebrate, chronicle or recall.
Winless through eight games this season, the Jaguars and Buccaneers could join the 2008 Detroit Lions (0-16) and the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-14) as the only winless teams in NFL history.
It’s not a spot either Florida franchise thought it would be in when the season began two months ago.
But at the midway point, the teams located about 175 miles apart are making headlines and highlights as they approach history one loss at a time.
And until one of them notches that first victory, the question lingers: who has the best shot at going 0-16?
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Rams Release Houston Area Native Michael Sam
- Texans Interested in Former Jets, Dolphins Cornerback
- Texans Release Former 2nd Round Pick Brandon Harris
- Second Year For Eddie Lacy Could Push Packers To NFL’s Most Balanced Offense
- O’Brien Yet To Name Backup, But Thinks All Three Texans QBs Will Make Roster