Phillips: We’re Going To Continue With Bullock
Houston (CBS Houston)- The Texans continue to be ‘patient’ with struggling performances on the field Wednesday.
Newly announced interim head coach Wade Phillips said that kicker Randy Bullock will continue being the starter despite poor performance.
“We’re going to continue going with Randy (Bullock),” Phillips said. “He’s got to get it done. That’s the bottom line, production. He started out poorly and then started kicking well and then got away from his technique last game. We feel like we can get him back to that.”
Bullock is 13 for 21 on field-goal attempts, and 0 for 4 on attempts of 50 yards or longer. Bullock missed three field goals in Sunday’s heartbreaking loss, make that a 27-24 loss to the Colts, just 3-points.
The (2-6) Texans brought in three kickers: Neil Rackers, Shayne Graham and Justin Medlock to tryout Tuesday, but according to KRIV-TV Rackers doesn’t think the franchise is ready to ‘move on.’
“We all hit the ball really well, but they told us they were not ready to make a move at this point.”
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine
- Reports: Rick Barnes Offered Tennessee Job
- One And Done: Myles Turner Leaving Texas For NBA