Phillips: We’re Going To Continue With Bullock
Houston (CBS Houston)- The Texans continue to be ‘patient’ with struggling performances on the field Wednesday.
Newly announced interim head coach Wade Phillips said that kicker Randy Bullock will continue being the starter despite poor performance.
“We’re going to continue going with Randy (Bullock),” Phillips said. “He’s got to get it done. That’s the bottom line, production. He started out poorly and then started kicking well and then got away from his technique last game. We feel like we can get him back to that.”
Bullock is 13 for 21 on field-goal attempts, and 0 for 4 on attempts of 50 yards or longer. Bullock missed three field goals in Sunday’s heartbreaking loss, make that a 27-24 loss to the Colts, just 3-points.
The (2-6) Texans brought in three kickers: Neil Rackers, Shayne Graham and Justin Medlock to tryout Tuesday, but according to KRIV-TV Rackers doesn’t think the franchise is ready to ‘move on.’
“We all hit the ball really well, but they told us they were not ready to make a move at this point.”
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Andre Johnson Asks For Release From Texans
- Matt Hammond Podcast (Mar. 4): With LeSean McCoy-Kiko Alonso Deal, Chip Kelly Bringing In Oregon Players Isn’t Bad For Eagles
- Brad Davis: Dynamo New Primary Kit “Best We’ve Had” Despite Removal Of American Flag
- Dynamo Ready To Kick Off Season That Will See A Lot Of Changes
- Josh Smith Calls Hawks Fans ‘Bandwagoners’