FANTASY IMPACT: 49ers Crabtree, Manningham Make Strides To Return
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — At last, Mario Manningham is back in game-week mode.
And that has a far better ring to it than rehab mode given he has spent much of the last year nursing himself back to health following major knee surgery.
Manningham walked through the locker room Wednesday, binder in hand and headed for meetings with the expectation that he will play for the 49ers in Sunday’s game against Carolina, even if coach Jim Harbaugh has yet to formally tell him.
Manningham is on the active roster again nearly 11 months after a knee injury derailed his season and forced him to the sidelines for the Super Bowl. Michael Crabtree is back on the practice field six months after he suffered a torn right Achilles tendon that also sent him to surgery.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision