Texans Bring In 3 Kickers To Compete
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston)– The Houston Texans have a lot on their minds as they prepare for this week’s game against the Arizona Cardinals. First, the health of head coach Gary Kubiak, their 2-6 season and the less than impressive special teams play especially at kicker.
Randy Bullock missed three field goals Sunday night in the Texans 27-24 loss against the Colts and the team has announced that they will bring in 3 kickers on Tuesday for tryouts.
Former Texans Neil Rackers and Shayne Graham are headed to the Methodist Training Center to compete. Rackers, kicked for the Texans in 2010 and 2011, while Graham was called on after Bullock went on injured reserve last year and went 31 of 38.
Former Carolina Panther Justin Medlock is also being brought in to compete. Medlock made 7-of-10 field goals in 10 games last season.
Bullock was the 2012 fifth-round pick and has made just 13-of-21 field goals this season.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- John Lucas In Studio Talking About Athletes and Violence
- Vikings Bar Adrian Peterson From All Team Activities Following Public Pressure From Sponsors, Fans
- If You’re Last, You’re First…Texans Last In NFL In Arrests
- Report: CSN Houston Could Lose Majority of Current Employees
- Adrian Peterson’s All Day Foundation Takes Down It’s Website