Arizona State AD Patterson Taking Texas Job
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Arizona State athletic director Steve Patterson has accepted the athletic director’s job at the University of Texas.
Arizona State President Michael M. Crow issued a statement Tuesday wishing Patterson well at Texas.
West Virginia’s Oliver Luck had been widely reported as the favorite for the Texas position. Patterson emerged as the top candidate after interviewing with Texas’ search advisory committee over the weekend.
Patterson will replace DeLoss Dodds, who is stepping down after 32 years at Texas. Patterson will take over the country’s wealthiest college athletic department with an annual budget of nearly $170 million.
He also inherits questions over the job security of Longhorns football coach Mack Brown and basketball coach Rick Barnes.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Watt On Getting Signed Jersey From 7 Year Old Fan: “Surely He Has Confidence”
- Keenum Happy To Be Home, And To Get Second Chance With O’Brien’s Texans
- Pauly G’s Power Rankings: House Of Cards
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Tennessee Titans At Jacksonville Jaguars
- The Best Of ‘In The Loop’ Featuring @McClain_on_NFL