Without Kubiak, Texans Go Through ‘Normal’ Monday Practice
Houston (CBS Houston) – As Gary Kubiak’s status remains unknown, the Texans went through their normal procedures on Monday.
“It was a normal practice that we do, we just come here to run, get your weights in, and get your conditioning in. That’s all we did today.” defensive end Antonio Smith said.
“(It was) the same as every single Monday. Obviously Kub (Kubiak) is not here but everything we did today was the same as every other Monday.” JJ Watt said.
Texans players have not yet been able to communicate with their coach but they have been told by the team that he’s doing alright.
“They’ve given us the word that he’s doing well, he’s improving, he’s awake, he asked about the game, asked about different guys on the team.” left tackle Duane Brown said.
While the Texans tried to keep things normal on Monday, it was impossible for Sunday’s events to not bring perspective to the locker room.
“This is an extremely difficult profession and obviously being a head coach in the national football league, you have a lot of stress and you have a lot of weight on your shoulders. Coach Kubiak is one of the hardest working guys I know” JJ Watt said.
- Texans Owner Bob McNair: Hoyer Did The Extra Work Needed To Win The Job
- Keidel: Mayweather’s 49-0 Mark Will Be More Impressive Than Marciano’s
- This Week In Baseball: ‘Shoeless’ Joe’s Failed Reinstatement Bid, What It Means For Pete Rose
- Texans Hard Knocks Drinking Game – Episode 4
- Houston Dash Star Carli Lloyd Visits Houston Texans Practice