UPDATE: Gary Kubiak Treated For Stroke Like Symptoms
Houston (CBS Houston) - In a scary scene at Reliant Stadium Gary Kubiak collapsed as the Texans headed to the locker room at halftime. He was down for about 10 minutes before eventually being taken off the field on a stretcher.
According to multiple reports Kubiak was talking but did not have his eyes open as he left the field.
It was announced in the press box that Coach Kubiak is conscious and his family is with him at a local hospital.
UPDATE: 9:47pm – The Texans are saying that Kubiak did not have a heart attack and was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.
UPDATE: 12:16am – According to SportsRadio 610’s John McClain, “Kubiak was treated for stroke-like symptoms but tests showed he didn’t suffer a stroke or a heart attack. More tests coming” McClain added that Kubiak was resting comfortably and would most likely undergo an MRI.
The Texans Released A Statement Monday Morning: Click Here for the latest from the Texans on Coach Kubiak
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine
- Reports: Rick Barnes Offered Tennessee Job
- One And Done: Myles Turner Leaving Texas For NBA
- 30 Players: Baseball’s Top Prospect Bryant Won’t Wait Long For Cubs Debut