Arian Foster Will Play Sunday Night
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – Case Keenum will have a huge help he didn’t have for most of his first NFL start as Arian Foster is active for the Houston Texans as they take on the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday Night.
Foster who sat out practices earlier in the week with a hamstring injury did practice Thursday and Friday for the Texans.
Texans GM Rick Smith said on the Texans Pre-Game they always new Foster would be ready, “We didn’t have to work him out (before the game), we knew on Friday, watching him in Friday’s practice, he showed us that he was ready to go.”
Having Foster will be a big help, not only for Keenum, but his running mate Ben Tate will be playing with injured ribs suffered two weeks ago against Kansas City.
With Foster playing and Ben Tate backing him up Dennis Johnson gets the roll as the 3rd running back for the Texans.
“He showed up and he was in excellent shape, his legs looked good,” Smith said. “He’s got some energy, he’s got some juice, he’s got speed and quickness, he can give you some versatility in the return game as well, so that’s the reason we decided to go with him.”
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Ellie: Terrence Jones Is Rockets Most Important Player Not Named Harden Or Howard
- Sielski: McCoy-Alonso Deal Could Be A Primer For Kelly To Trade Up For Mariota
- Berkman Named to College Baseball HOF
- UPDATED: Houston Texans Cut Center Chris Myers; Release Statement
- Andre Johnson Asks For Release From Texans