FANTASY IMPACT: Bengals DT Geno Atkins Has Torn ACL
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
CINCINNATI (AP) — An MRI test confirms that Bengals defensive tackle Geno Atkins has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, leaving the AFC North leaders without another star player on defense.
Atkins twisted the knee during a 22-20 overtime loss in Miami on Thursday night. The Bengals suspected he’d torn the ACL, and a test in Cincinnati confirmed it on Friday.
The Bengals already were missing top cornerback Leon Hall, out for the season with a torn Achilles tendon, and middle linebacker Rey Maualuga, out indefinitely with a concussion and an injured left knee. He was on crutches earlier this week.
Running back Giovani Bernard was sidelined in the second half by bruised ribs. Coach Marvin Lewis said Friday it’s not a long-term injury.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision