UH Quarterback Named For The Manning Award
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston)– University of Houston’s quarterback John O’Korn was named one of eight Stars of the Week for the Manning Award, on Monday.
The honor of being one of eight nominated comes after the true freshman completed 80 percent of his passes for a career-high 364 yards and five touchdowns in the Cougars 49-14 Saturday win over Rutgers.
O’Korn and the Cougars return to the field Halloween night, Thursday at 6 p.m. as they host USF at Reliant Stadium.
Houston unveiled alternate black uniforms for the Thursday game which will be nationally televised on ESPN.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Texans Release Former 2nd Round Pick Brandon Harris
- Second Year For Eddie Lacy Could Push Packers To NFL’s Most Balanced Offense
- O’Brien Yet To Name Backup, But Thinks All Three Texans QBs Will Make Roster
- O’Brien: 7th Round Rookie Hal “Has Definitely Earned Right To Be In Discussion To Make Team”
- O’Brien: Nix “Really Doesn’t Totally Get It Yet, Has Got A Long Way To Go”