UH Quarterback Named For The Manning Award
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston)– University of Houston’s quarterback John O’Korn was named one of eight Stars of the Week for the Manning Award, on Monday.
The honor of being one of eight nominated comes after the true freshman completed 80 percent of his passes for a career-high 364 yards and five touchdowns in the Cougars 49-14 Saturday win over Rutgers.
O’Korn and the Cougars return to the field Halloween night, Thursday at 6 p.m. as they host USF at Reliant Stadium.
Houston unveiled alternate black uniforms for the Thursday game which will be nationally televised on ESPN.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision