Houston (CBS Houston)– University of Houston’s quarterback John O’Korn was named one of eight Stars of the Week for the Manning Award, on Monday.
The honor of being one of eight nominated comes after the true freshman completed 80 percent of his passes for a career-high 364 yards and five touchdowns in the Cougars 49-14 Saturday win over Rutgers.
O’Korn and the Cougars return to the field Halloween night, Thursday at 6 p.m. as they host USF at Reliant Stadium.
Houston unveiled alternate black uniforms for the Thursday game which will be nationally televised on ESPN.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation