FANTASY IMPACT: Browns Hold On To WR Josh Gordon
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Browns and Josh Gordon are moving forward together.
With rampant trade speculation swirling around Gordon for weeks, the Browns decided to hold on to their talented wide receiver who has developed into one of Cleveland’s top playmakers but whose off-field issues will continue to loom over the team.
When the NFL’s 4 p.m. trade deadline arrived Tuesday, the Browns sent out official word that they did not make any deals. On Monday, coach Rob Chudzinski reiterated that team was not shopping Gordon or any other players. The Browns received calls on a number of players, but did not accept an offer.
The 6-foot-3 225-pound Gordon has 32 catches for 582 yards and three touchdowns in six games this season. He was suspended for the first two games for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Pittsburgh’s Ryan Shazier Best Bet To Start As Steelers Rookie Since 2001
- Texans – 49ers: In A Nutshell
- 49ers Cornerback Says Keenum Worked Through Progressions, Made Reads
- 49ers Linebacker Says He Saw Savage Pick-Six Coming Before The Snap
- Andre Johnson Happy He Returned To Texans; Wishes He’d Done It Earlier