FANTASY IMPACT: Bears Not Ruling Out Early Return For Cutler
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — The Chicago Bears aren’t ruling out an early return for injured quarterback Jay Cutler.
Expected to miss at least four weeks because of a torn groin muscle, Cutler hopes to be back sooner. He says “that’s the goal.”
Cutler spoke Tuesday for the first time since he was injured in a loss at Washington on Oct. 20. The Bears said he would miss at least a month and be evaluated week to week after that.
Coach Marc Trestman says the doctors will decide when Cutler is ready to come back, and if it’s earlier than expected, that “would be great.”
Trestman did not declare Cutler out for Monday’s game at Green Bay but said it’s “highly unlikely” he would play.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Watt On Getting Signed Jersey From 7 Year Old Fan: “Surely He Has Confidence”
- Keenum Happy To Be Home, And To Get Second Chance With O’Brien’s Texans
- Pauly G’s Power Rankings: House Of Cards
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Tennessee Titans At Jacksonville Jaguars
- The Best Of ‘In The Loop’ Featuring @McClain_on_NFL