FANTASY IMPACT: Blackmon Skips Jags Practice With 49ers In Mind
LONDON (AP) — Jacksonville wide receiver Justin Blackmon skipped practice on Friday to be ready for the Jaguars game against the San Francisco 49ers in London.
Blackmon was listed as probable for Sunday’s NFL International Series game at Wembley Stadium because of a hamstring/groin issue that had also kept him out of practice on Wednesday.
Coach Gus Bradley says Friday’s decision was “precautionary.”
Blackmon has 25 receptions for 394 yards receiving with one touchdown in three games this season. Blackmon is perhaps the 49ers biggest worry on defense, with safety Donte Whitner believing his opponent’s offense “goes through Blackmon now. He’s their No. 1 target.”
Bradley added that fellow wide receiver Stephen Williams was questionable to play.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Colon: NFL’s Demands For Stadium Upgrades Won’t Cost Houston Super Bowl LI
- Edgar Colon: Harris County Not Responsible For Raising Funds For NRG Upgrade
- 16 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan
- Klis: Broncos Won’t Release Peyton Manning Because He Won’t Accept A Pay Cut
- NFL Says Houston’s NRG Needs Upgrades Before Super Bowl