Game To Honor Murdered Australian Baseball Player
From Our CBS Music Sites
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
DUNCAN, Okla. (AP) — An exhibition baseball game honoring an Australian student who was on a baseball scholarship at an Oklahoma college when he was shot and killed in Duncan has been rescheduled.
The game between Redlands Community College and East Central University in honor of 22-year-old Chris Lane is set for Thursday afternoon. It was scheduled for last week but was postponed due to rainy weather.
Lane was shot and killed as he jogged down a street in Duncan in August. Three teenagers have been charged in connection with the Melbourne native’s death. One of them told investigators they shot Lane because they were bored.
Lane attended Redlands in El Reno before transferring to East Central in Ada. He was preparing for his senior season at East Central when he was killed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision