ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone is uncertain whether running back C.J. Spiller will play at New Orleans on Sunday.
Marrone on Wednesday says he’s considering sitting Spiller to give his sore left ankle time to heal. He added a decision won’t be made until later this week.
Spiller hasn’t missed a game, but his playing time and production have been limited since he was hurt against Baltimore on Sept. 29. Buffalo’s most dynamic threat has managed just 24 carries for 122 yards and a touchdown in his past three games. That includes a season-low six carries for 11 yards in a 23-21 win over Miami last weekend.
Spiller insists he’ll be ready, saying his ankle feels “10 times better” than it did last week.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- D’Antoni: “It’s Nice When You Have Players That Want To Play Every Game”
- Harden Hopes Scott Pera Gets Rice Head Coach Job
- How Much Longer Until Something Happens With Tony Romo?
- Mad Noon Nuggets: My Most Hated NFL Player Of All-Time From Every Team, Fake WBC Pride And The Rockets Familiar Texas Championship Formula
- The Best Of MaD Radio 3-23